- NATO approved entrenchment tool
- ½ serrated blade for cutting through rough terrain
- Weights only 2.3 lbs.
- Overall Length: 23.75″
- Closed Length: 9.25″
- Closed Width: 6.00″
- Head: Forged Steel
- Handle: Glass-filled Nylon
- Anodized 7075 Aluminum Shaft
- Powder coated boron serrated, carbon steel blade
Once again, Gerber has produced a high quality, rugged tool that has many practical uses in any climate or terrain. Weighing just 2.3 lbs, this entrenchment tool (e-tool) that should be included in any serious wilderness pack. The glass-filled nylon handle feels solid and doesn’t have the same wobbly feel that lower quality e-tools often have.
Approved for use by NATO, this e-tool quickly unfolds and is secured by tightening the screw coupler. It can be quickly accessed with an optional sheath attachment with H harness, web belt and MOLLE compatibility. The tool ships from the factory with a fairly sharp blade and anyone planning on using it in rocky or extreme terrain can easily sharpen it to their standards.
The ½ serrated blade features comes in handy when an axe or other sharp cutting instrument is unavailable. The blade can easily saw through most small roots and is extremely useful on light load excursions. When not in use, it folds to a compact 9.25” length with a 6” width and takes up very little room if kept in a pack.
How to use:
- Unfold the e-tool
- Tighten the screw coupler until there is no wobble when attempting to use the tool.
- E-tool is now assembled and ready for use
- For disassembly, simply loosen the screw coupler and fold the e-tool back up.